LIBRARY CLOSED THROUGH MONDAY, APRIL 13. CLICK HERE.
Following the Governor's Executive Order on Monday, March 23, the Novi Public Library is closed for public use through Monday, April 13, 2020 to protect the health and safety of the residents in the community in addition to its staff.
All programming, classes and room rentals have been cancelled.
NPL will continue to monitor and follow guidance from the Oakland County Health Department, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Here are some important resources to keep in mind:
The Library would like to thank the Novi community for their patience during this time. Please watch the Library's website
to get important updates.
Limited services are available during this closure:
YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
- Check My Account on novilibrary.org
- General account questions, call: 248-417-2852 or 248-924-1098 (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- The Novi Library will NOT be charging overdue fines during the closure
- By phone, staff can:
- Renew your library card
- Reset your pin
- Issue you a temporary card for 60 days to access online resources
ASK A LIBRARIAN: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10AM-5PM
- For homework, research and informational needs
- Cardholders will continue to have 24/7 access to hundreds of e-books, magazines, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, research databases and more. To access any of these resources, please visit our Digital Library page or our Youth Online Resources page. A valid Novi Library card is required.
- Questions about online resources and downloadables, call: 248-880-6447 or 248-993-0185.
NEED TO SPEAK TO LIBRARY DIRECTOR, JULIE FARKAS?
- Call 248-869-7233, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm.
NO DRIVE-UP WINDOW SERVICE AND RETURN SLOTS CLOSED, THROUGH MONDAY, APRIL 13
- No items will be due during the closure. The Novi Library will NOT be charging overdue fines during the closure. Keep all of your materials until we reopen.
READ CART SERVICE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 10AM-5PM
- Free materials are located just outside the vestibule (entry way) for you to take (please limit 2 per person so everyone can enjoy).
NO HOLD LOCKERS SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH MONDAY, APRIL 13
- Unfortunately, due to limited staffing, we are unable to provide this service to you. Your hold(s) will continue to stay on our shelf until we open again.
ASK OUR TECH EXPERT
- Have questions about: iCube makerspace, library technology programs/events, 3D printing, conversion equipment? Call 248-729-6810, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm, through Monday, April 13.
NO LOCAL HISTORY INFORMATION SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH MONDAY, APRIL 13
For more information regarding the closure and the Library's limited services, please see the FAQ below.
Important Local Resource
- Feed the Need: offering free, ready-to-eat bagged lunches for all children
Fun Things To Do At Home
How long are you closed?
Following the Governor's Executive Order on Monday, March 23, the Novi Public Library is closed for public use through Monday, April 13, 2020
I have a question. Who can I talk to?
Need to speak to Library Director, Julie Farkas?
- Staff is available daily: Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm
- Email a Librarian: email@example.com
- Call a Librarian: 248-880-6447 or 248-993-0185
- Send us a message on our social media sites
Call 248-869-7233, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm.
Will you host programs, classes and room rentals?
What do I do with my library materials?
Do not return any items to the automatic and manual drop boxes. They are closed. No items will be due during our closure. The Novi Library will NOT be charging overdue fines during the closure
Should I follow the due dates listed on my items?
No, you do not need to follow the due dates listed. Regardless of the date listed, no items are due
Why are there fines listed on my account from when the Library is closed?
Fines may still show on your account for items during our closure, but when we reopen, you will NOT
be charged those fines.
Is Novi Public Library receiving materials from other TLN (The Library Network) or MeLCat libraries?
No, not at this time.
Can I place items on hold by calling the Library or by using the online catalog?
No. Our consortium, The Library Network, has disabled the holds feature because all shared system libraries are closed.
I want to access the online catalog or use digital resources but I do not have a library card.
If you are a resident of Novi, you can call 248-417-2852 or 248-924-1098 (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm), to obtain a temporary library card. You will be asked for your drivers license/state ID information, Novi address, phone and birth date.
I want to access the online catalog or use digital resources but my library card is not working. What do I do?
Call 248-417-2852 or 248-924-1098 (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Can I renew my library card by phone?
Yes. You can renew your library card by calling 248-417-2852 or 248-924-1098 (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm). Unfortunately, we do not have the capability for online library card renewal through our consortium.
Can I drop off donations?
No. We will not be accepting donations at this time.
Can I buy materials from the Book Nook?
No. The Book Nook is closed through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Will the Library Café be open?
No. The Library Café is closed through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Who do I talk to about room rentals?
. There will be no meeting room rentals through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Do you have hot spots available?
No. All hotspots are checked out.
Can I volunteer at the Library?
No. Volunteers are not being accepted through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Will the Library be doing outreach?
No. The Library has suspended outreach services through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Are you still participating in Food For Fines/Food For Thought during April?
As of now, we have decided to not participate in Food for Fines/Food for Thought at all.
What types of digital services are available?
We have e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and streaming. These can be accessed through Overdrive, Libby, RBDigital, and Hoopla. Call 248-880-6447 or 248-993-0185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out how.
How do I access NPL’s digital services?
Directions per your device are available on the Digital Library page
. Click on the service you would like to try and complete directions are available to match your device.
What types of online homework resources does NPL have available?
Check out the Online Tools
page. Databases are listed under subjects. We also have Online Teen Resources
and Online Youth Resources
. Call us at 248-880-6447 or 248-993-0185 if you need any assistance finding full-text articles.
Do you have any recommendations on what to read?
Yes. There are book lists available for adults
. Check out our Goodreads
Do you have any online activities available?
Yes, we currently have an online teen scavenger hunt
. In addition, follow us on Facebook
, and Instagram
for more fun craft videos and story times.
Can I learn a language from home?
Yes. Now is a great time to learn a new language. Try our Pronunciator
database! You will be speaking a new language in no time.
Do you have any online courses available?
Yes. Brush up on computer skills, learn new career skills, get some professional development, with Lynda.com
. Get inspired with new arts and crafts ideas through CreativeBug
. Learn how to code through Vidcode
. All of these are available on our Online Tools