Get involved with the Library by joining our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). All high school students are welcome. Share ideas for teen programs, discuss teen books, organize community service projects, and more. Meeting attendance will count as volunteer hours if you are registered in the library's Teen Volunteer Program. If you are passionate about teen services, the library would love to have you join TAB!
Monthly meetings are held on Fridays from 3:30-4:30pm
TAB Meeting Dates
March 19, 2021
The Novi Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) will strive to assist with the improvement of library services for teens by:
- Planning, implementing, and participating in teen programs
- Creating an inviting atmosphere at the library by maintaining a safe, attractive teen area
- Promoting ideas regarding the young adult collection
- Promoting and encouraging reading by teens
- Providing a forum for which teens can share ideas and improve relations between teen patrons and the library
Who is in TAB?
TAB consists of teens in grades 9-12. You do not need to go to school or live in Novi to join.
When Are the Meetings?
TAB meetings are held once per month for one hour.
Why Should You Join?
- TAB members earn volunteer hours for attending meetings
- Brainstorm ideas to impact the Teen Services Department of the Library
- Spend time with other teens planning enjoyable events
- Make a difference in your community
2020-2021 TAB Officers
TAB Officers are elected for a 9 month term from September-May. Officer elections are held at the annual May meeting unless otherwise specified.
TAB Library Staff Advisor
For questions about TAB, contact Lindsay Gojcaj, Information Services Librarian, at email or 248-869-7218.
Teen Video Challenge
The TAB entered and won the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2017 and 2018 Teen Video Challenge at the state level, which promoted reading and using the library.