Want to get a digital library card?
To register online for a Novi digital library card, applicants must:
- Be a Novi resident age 18 and older
- Not have a library card with NPL already (if you’re not sure, see “Digital Library Card Eligibility” below)
- Not live in or have a library card from another local area TLN shared system library (Click here to see a list of libraries)
Call the Library at 248-349-0720. We can check our system to see if you have an existing card. Do not fill out the online form until we have confirmed you do not have a card with NPL.
Visit the Library in person with your valid MI driver’s license, and we can issue you a replacement card. Do not fill out the online form.
No. At this time, only Novi residents age 18 and older can sign up using the online form. If you want to register your child for a library card, visit the Library in person.
- If your home library is in The Library Network (TLN) shared system and is valid, your library card is already in our system and available for use at Novi Public Library.
- If your home library is a TLN standalone library, you can be registered as a Shared Automation System Guest (SAS Guest) in our system. You will need to register your home library card with the Novi Public Library the first time you use it here by presenting:
- Your home library card
- Your valid Michigan driver's license or picture identification (state-issued ID or passport) showing your current address
- Guests under the age of 18 need to have a parent present who must also present their home library card to register their child’s card.
- You can verify if your home library is a TLN shared system or standalone library by checking the TLN Library Phone Directory.
Visit the Library in person with your valid Michigan driver's license or picture identification (state-issued ID or passport) showing your proof of Novi residency, and we can switch your account to a Novi resident account. Do not fill out the online form.
Yes, you can. But for the best viewing capabilities, it is best to register on a PC.
If you are on a mobile device, try registering on a PC instead. If you continue to experience this issue, you'll need to visit the Library in person to register.
First, allow several minutes for the email to be sent. If you still don’t receive it in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder. If you do not receive an email at all, let us know by sending an email.
You get instant access to all of our digital resources including Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla, and more. Check out eBooks and eAudiobooks, access streaming movies and music, and read magazines.
For access to physical materials (including placing holds), computers, and other resources at the Library, you will need to visit the main circulation desk in person and present a valid picture ID to upgrade your e-card. A physical library card will then be registered to you, and your account will be granted full Novi resident privileges.
Only if you want to. If you choose not to upgrade to a physical card, your digital one will be valid for one year. You can continue to utilize all the great digital content we offer.
But by upgrading to a physical library card, you gain access to many more services, collections, resources, programs and more available only at Novi Public Library. Plus, you can use NPL's newest location, Lakeshore Lending Library at Lakeshore Park, a self-service kiosk with 235 items to browse and check out.
You decide what works for you.